At Venture Martial Arts we know that there are so many benefits to your child learning martial arts! Here are 5 reasons you might want to consider getting your child (or children!) involved in this amazing activity!
- Coordination and Motor Skills – Children with strong bodies, fine tuned motor skills and physical coordination developed through Our Program will have improved: general health, sports performance, as well as other physical activities such as dancing or bike riding. Our Coordination and Motor Skills Training will develop your child’s cardiovascular system, their muscular strength, and will create a general kind of body awareness which can only be gained from a whole body method of Martial Arts training. Your child will be more coordinated, less susceptible to injuries, and be much more aware of their body and how to use it correctly.
- Self-Esteem and Confidence Building – Our Program improves a child’s self esteem through consistent positive verbal reinforcement. When kids work to earn their next belt level, not only are they learning basic world-class self-defense, they are building self-esteem and learning to feel good about themselves.
- Self-Confidence – Nothing can take the place of the security in knowing that your child can defend themselves should the need ever arise…and your own child’s self confidence in knowing this themselves is immense.
“People who continue to practice the martial arts for prolonged periods are different from the general populace in these ways: they have a lower level of anxiety; an increased sense of responsibility; they are less likely to be radical; they have an increased level of self-esteem; and they are more socially intelligent.” (Source – Psychology Today, May 1985.)
- Respect – One of the most important words in martial arts is respect. Students are taught to respect their instructors, each other, and themselves. Our instructors spend time in class discussing the importance of respecting school teachers and parents. Respect is often missing in many facets of today’s society. This is what separates Martial arts from other sports. A child’s social behavior should be directly linked to his or her progression in the martial arts class. It’s not just about winning, our classes are about personal growth and becoming a better person.
- Discipline, Behavior and School – We have alot of fun but instructors will not tolerate excessive talking or goofing around in the school. Improved behavior in a Martial arts class often translates into improved behavior at school. Improved behavior at school often translates into improved grades. We require behavior reports from the parents to make sure that the student is focused in the classroom and at home… Not just with us. We want to make sure that our students are working on their Martial Arts technique, improving their behavior at home, as well as improving their grades at school.
Is your child enrolled in a martial arts class? What are your favorite benefits that you have experienced from your child joining martial arts?